MARCH MADNESS: Just a few notes and notions from my desk:

Dudes...we're gettin' the band back together. Which means, the fab Jennifer Perry Combo and I will be joining forces for the musical version of Better To Travel. This was a big hit with the audiences last fall. Sylvia Cross has invited us to perform on Friday, May 14 at her new Sycamore Place Gallery in Decatur, GA. Artist John Roberts will have his sculpture on exhibition. More details will be posted about this soon. It's still in the planning stages, but I want to work in new material with new songs.

I went in Outwrite Bookstore today looking in vain for the Lambda Book Report with the review of Better To Travel. It is not to be found. However, it was exciting to see my book faced out in the poetry section. They said a good review in Lambda usually translates into more sales. That's what I was hoping for.

Tania Rochelle, she of the award-winning Karaoke Funeral, and I are going down to the Barnes & Noble in Columbus, GA on April 3 to be the featured poets during the store's celebration of National Poetry Month. I'll also be signing the Shout Them From The Mountain Tops anthology.

I have been submitting new work to zines, journals and competitions. I'm most excited about my first UK publication which should be out in a few weeks in HomeGround, which is the beautiful magazine devoted not only to Kate Bush, but to literature, art and other musings.

I'm going to give my first talk to a college class on March 30 at my alma mater Clayton State College at the invitation of professor Robin Kemp. Should be fun. I hope to be leading more workshops in the future. I'll be posting info on the main site (www.collinkelley.com) next month making myself available.

Comments

Popular Posts