I HAPPEN TO LIKE NEW YORK: I got fantastic news today. I will be featured at Cornelia Street Cafe in New York on Friday, June 25 as part of the kick off for the city's gay pride celebration. I am so excited I may levitate. I am in the process of trying to set up a second reading that weekend, or at least get to some open mics. I'll post more info soon.

JAVA MONKEY LAST NIGHT: Oh dear...not a great evening at my homebase of Java Monkey. The weather was horrible and to top it off, my featured poet, Valerie Bridgeman Davis, was trapped in the Memphis airport trying to get here from Austin. Weather caused all sorts of delays. The turnout at JM was low as well...hopefully that's no comment on my hosting skills. Thanks to everyone who did come out to read their work. We had some laughs and Cherryl Floyd Miller sang for us. Go on, sisterfriend. :)

Comments

Popular Posts