CRUX RELEASE EVENT: A signing and release party will be held for the anthology CRUX: A Conversation in Words and Images - South Africa to South USA on Friday, Oct. 19, at 7 p.m. at the Southwest Arts Center in Atlanta. The anthology is a collaboration between the Fulton County Arts Council and the Caversham Project in South Africa. I'm honored that two of my poems from the Body Maps series (pictured) about women living with HIV/AIDS in SA are included in this anthology. The book will feature poetry, art, essays and short fiction from Alice Lovelace, Jessica Care Moore, Jim Alexander, Felton Eaddy and many more. I'm not sure what the distribution or how widely available the anthology will be at this point, but I'll post more info soon.

Arlene tagged me for this meme. If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged.

1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
Watching QVC and HSN. There is some crazy, wacky shit going on those shopping channels -- namely Marie Osmond, Joan Rivers and Suzanne Summers.

2. How do you take your coffee?
Not a big coffee drinker. I prefer tea. Although I will have a latte every now and then.

3. Who were you in a previous life?
Which life? I've had flashes of being a female slave and a Frenchman in Paris.

4. Who or what is your greatest influence?
Anne Sexton, Stan Rice, Margaret Atwood and Kate Bush.

5. What is the worst film you ever paid to see?
A toss up between that old Kim Basinger movie Nadine and, sadly, Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut.

6. What is the best thing you can buy for a dollar?
A condom from gas station vending machine.

7. What is the worst present you ever received?
A disco ball.

8. What is your favorite word(s)?
Brilliant and motherfucker.

Comments

i love your answer to #8!
Anonymous said…
Rubbers from the Texaco bathroom. HA!

GAV
Kate Evans said…
Is a condom really a dollar? Obviously it's been years since I've had sex with boys...I think they were a dime way back when...

Popular Posts