Blog hop, essays, anthologies and poetry



I'm taking part in another blog hop on Friday, Jan. 13, and the prize for this one is pretty darn cool – a Kindle. More than 30 authors in all genres are taking part and after you visit each author's blog, you'll arrive at the entry form to register to win the Kindle eReader. I'll be offering more insight into my latest novel, Remain In Light, for my blog post. To find out more about the blog hop, watch the video above.

Robert Lee Brewer  asked me to contribute a "life changing moment" essay for a new series he's doing this year on his blog. My essay, Flying Solo: Traveling to London Alone, is up now and you can read it at this link.

I'm excited to have work in two big poetry anthologies coming out this year: A Face to Meet The Faces: An Anthology of Contemporary Persona Poetry (University of Akron Press) and Divining Divas (Lethe Press). The persona anthology, edited by Oliver de la Paz and Stacey Lynn Brown, is a who's who of contemporary poets including Patricia Smith, Denise Duhamel, Major Jackson, Jericho Brown, Ilya Kaminsky, Jeannine Hall Gailey, Charles Jensen, Ivy Alvarez, Tara Betts, Aimee Nezhukumatathil, and many, many more. There will be readings around the country, and I'm coordinating the one in Atlanta for May. I'll keep you posted. Divining Divas, edited by Michael Montlack, is a companion piece to the acclaimed My Divas essay collection. The cover art for both anthologies is fantastic.

I sent the final manuscript for my new collection, Render, to Sibling Rivalry Press on Monday night. The book has 44 poems and is divided into four sections, each named after a photography term. The majority of the work has been published, but there's quite a few new poems that I held back so they would debut in this book.

Speaking of poetry, Alice Friman and Megan Volpert will be reading Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 7:15 p.m. as part of the Poetry Atlanta Presents... series in conjunction with Georgia Center for the Book. Alice will be reading from her new collection, Vinculum,  and Megan from Sonics in Warholia.

Comments

Popular Posts