The comedown

The world at night...
I'm still living on London time. Since my return, I've been falling asleep around 8 p.m. and then waking up before 5 a.m. Last night, I forced myself to sit up until 1 a.m., but was awake at 7 this morning. I feel a little out of focus -- as if this life is a dream and any moment I will wake up in London.

This trip was different from the many others I've made because I got a real sense of London life -- living in a neighborhood, taking the buses and trains, shopping for food, etc. It was challenging, sometimes annoying, but once I got home to Atlanta, I realized I was already getting used to it. I still haven't given up on the dream of living in London, but I'm going to need a rich husband, a bestseller or to win the lottery.

While I was away, my editor finished reading the eBook short story collection, Kiss Shot, so rewrites will begin this weekend. I'm still planning for an early September release. Sibling Rivalry Press sent over a big questionnaire to fill out as the publication of my poetry collection, Render, approaches next April. We're planing a big publicity push and I'm already exploring festivals, conferences and reading opportunities.

Comments

Yes, even back in 1998 I thought London was expensive. (Albeit many other things, all good.)

Looking forward to the publication of the stories and the new poetry collection.
Jennifer Perry said…
You may not be a full time London resident, Collin, but you are living the dream,and we are all so proud of you.
Julius Scipio said…
London is one of the few cities I've ever loved! It was clean, full of life and energy, and just sort of friendly in general. 5 days there sounds wonderful, I've only gotten a day at most between Mississippi and the rest of Europe.
Christine swint said…
Lovely blue cast photo to reflect your wistful mood. Your writing life sustains you in so many ways, and I feel sure that if you keep doing what you do you'll end up in London for as long as you like.
Kate Evans said…
Love "Kiss Shot" as a title. Can't wait to read the book! oxxo

Popular Posts