Weekend head cold blues

I have my first cold of the fall/winter season. Since I've been burning the candle at both ends for the last couple of weeks, I'm not surprised that I'm sick. I've spent the weekend on the couch reading poetry (Selected Poems by Gwendolyn Brooks - sent to me by Marie Lecrivain) and having a Meryl Streep-a-thon with Heartburn and Defending Your Life. And soup... lots of soup.

Before I got too sick, I was able to finish the second edit on the galley of Render. Bryan Borland at Sibling Rivalry Press has been incredibly understanding as I strive to make the poems in this collection the best they can be. Render is shaping up to be about 75 pages and all but four or five have been previously published. I got an acceptance last week from Floating Bridge Review so that's one more to add to the acknowledgment page. 

I also neglected to mention that the wonderful Australian poet Rosemary Nissen-Wade selected one of my poems from Better To Travel to feature on the Poets United blog. "60 Seconds in Zaire" is still as topical as it was when I wrote it nearly 20 years ago. You can read it at this link. And I don't think I've mentioned that Better To Travel is now available in eBook format for just $3.99 at Amazon. I still can't believe it's been almost 10 years since that collection was published.

If you missed episode two of the new Internet radio show People You Should Know, you can listen at this link. The Friday edition featured Karen Head, Dustin Brookshire and Rena Mason – all writers worth getting to know. 

Comments

Popular Posts