Sibling Rivalry reading and LA gigs



A nasty bout of food poisoning scuppered much of my recent trip to Portland for AWP and No Fair/Fair. I missed the first two days – including the big Sibling Rivalry Press offsite reading I was supposed to host. Luckily, I recovered enough to do my signing at AWP and my reading at No Fair. Many thanks to Karen Head, JC Reilly and Dan Veach for having me at the Atlanta Review table and for the No Fair organizers for such a great gathering of small presses. Also, many thanks to my friend Ken for putting me up in Portland and tending to me while I being sick all over his house.

So, what's next?

On Monday, April 8, Poetry Atlanta and Georgia Center for the Book will present a special National Poetry Month reading featuring poets from Sibling Rivalry Press. The lineup includes Robert Siek, Charlie Bondhus, Theresa Davis, Megan Volpert, Brent Calderwood, Julie E. Bloemeke and I'll be reading and hosting. The event begins at 7:15 p.m. at the Decatur Library, 215 Sycamore St. Books will be available for purchase.

The week of April 15, I'll be in the Los Angeles area for three readings. On Monday, April 15, at 8 p.m. I'll be at Akbar, 4356 Sunset Boulevard, for Planet Queer. You can find out more at www.planetqueer.org.

On Wednesday, April 17, at 8 p.m. I'll be back with the Two Idiots Peddling Poetry at The Ugly Mug in Orange, CA. I'm thrilled to be joined again by friend and fellow poet Steven Reigns. Find out more at www.poetryidiots.com.

On Friday, April 19, at 8:30 p.m. I'll be reading at the Rap Saloon in Santa Monica with Steven Reigns and Marie Chambers. Find out more at www.facebook.com/therappsaloonpoetryreading.

Hope to see you soon!

Comments

Popular Posts