High Museum reading for Sally Mann exhibition


I am honored to be reading from collection Render in conjunction with the Sally Mann: A Thousand Crossings at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta. I'll be reading poems from the collection and discussing how Mann's photography inspired and informed Render at 7 and 8 p.m. during the High Frequency Friday event on Nov. 1 at the High. Copies of Render (published by Sibling Rivalry Press in 2013 and selected for the American Library Association's Over The Rainbow Book List) will be available in the High gift shop. More information about the event can be found at this link.

On Oct. 17, I went on a media preview tour of A Thousand Crossings. It's truly spectacular. You can read my review of the exhibit at this link. That same evening, I attended a reception at Jackson Fine Art, which has mounted a smaller show called Remembered Light & Landscapes, and had the opportunity to briefly meet Sally Mann. She told me she considers herself a "failed poet," but I disagree. You can read some of her work online and I think it's wonderful. It was a bucket list moment to meet one of my longtime muses and she was incredibly kind.

You can read more about how Sally Mann's photography inspired Render in this essay.

Comments

Popular Posts