2012 Poet's Market & More

The 2012 Poet's Market is out now featuring my essay on truth in poetry, as well as an interview about my work by editor Robert Lee Brewer. There are also articles, essays and interviews by fabulous folk like Sandra Beasley, Nin Andrews, Nate Pritts, Jessie Carty, Aaron Belz, Erika Meitner, Jeannine Hall Gailey, Taylor Mali and Annie Finch. The book contains hundreds of publishing opportunities for poets, including listings for magazines, journals, contests, awards, grants and book and chapbook publishers. The first poems I ever had published back in the early '90s were submitted to journals I found in Poet's Market. It's definitely worth the $13 for the Kindle edition or $19 for the paperback.

Jessie Carty's chapbook, Fat Girl, is out now from Sibling Rivalry Press. I saw the proof of the chap over the summer at the Atlanta Queer Lit Fest and it looks amazing. Of course, Jessie is also a fab poet, so this is one to add to your reading list.

Justin Evans had some lovely things to say about my chapbook, Slow To Burn, at his blog. You can read it at this link. Don't forget you can order a copy of the chapbook from Seven Kitchens Press at this link.

Comments

Justin Evans said…
I received my copy in the mail and I love both your essay and your interview.
Jessie Carty said…
I love being in such fabulous company :)
Thanks for the mention, Collin!
Nin Andrews said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nin Andrews said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nin Andrews said…
Oh, sorry! I kept deleting my comments . . . I thought they weren't posting because --
Oh well, never mind.
I just wanted to say, I agree with Robert's email and Jessie's post.
I am still reading this Poet's Market, discovering how little I know about being a writer. It's a little alarming. I don't even blog properly!
Congrats on being in Poet's Market 2012, Coll-Coll. :D
Anonymous said…
Conga rats!

I received my copy of the 2012 Poet's Market in the mail today. And I read all the fore-matter this afternoon, including your piece on confessional poetry.

Thank you!

Popular Posts