Update: Georgia State Archive, reading with Dustin Lance Black, a new review

One of the boxes of my writing, which is now part
of the permanent collection at Georgia State University.
My personal archive is now officially part of the Georgia State University Library Special Collections and Archive. The first two boxes, which were actually delivered late last year, contained copies of my books, original manuscripts, early journalism, press materials and more. There are many more boxes to come, and will eventually include correspondence, my journals, early writing and ephemera. Last week, Franklin Abbott (who also donated his archive to GSU) interviewed me for a videotaped oral history that will soon be available on YouTube. I have quietly been in the process of organizing my archive for more than a year. It’s a process that will continue until I depart this realm.  Many thanks to archivist Morna Gerrard, who has made this process so stress-free and is an absolute delight to work with. I am grateful, honored and more than a little gobsmacked that my writing has, literally, found not one, but two forever homes. My titles with Sibling Rivalry Press are also part of the Library of Congress' Rare Books and Special Collection vault thanks to publisher Bryan Borland and editor-in-chief Seth Pennington.

Speaking of being gobsmacked, add this to the list: I'll be reading with Oscar-winning screenwriter and now memoirist Dustin Lance Black at the Polari series on June 10 at Southbank Centre in London. Tickets are expected to sell out soon, so get yours at this link if you'll be in London.

Ann Wehrman has written a generous review of "Midnight in a Perfect World" in the latest issue of The Pedestal: "Kelley writes in an open, natural, and deeply personal manner. His poems feel compelled, as if the speaker is pouring out his heart to a friend as they sit together at a bar over drinks or share a long walk over frost-bound fields. Direct, even blatant in language and subject matter, although restrained by the poet’s mature self-awareness, the poems rush forth like a flooding creek." Read the full review at this link.

As a reminder, I'll be at AWP and the No Fair/Fair in Portland, OR next week. You can see my full schedule of appearances at this link. See you soon, poets!

Comments

Popular Posts