GENTLE REMINDERS: Hello all. Just wanted to remind everyone that I will be reading Anne Sexton's brilliant poem "Music Swims Back To Me" at the Decatur Arts Festival on Saturday, May 24 at 3 p.m. The Favorite Poem project is being held inside a tent on the lawn of the old courthouse in Decatur. Do yourself a favor and take MARTA. That's what I'm going to do. I hate looking for parking. I'll then be running home for a break before heading down to the Barnes & Noble in Fayetteville to read during the open mic session there starting at 7 p.m. I'm not hosting (that happens in August and October) but I hope anyone who reads this will come down and bring their poetry to read.

BOOK NEWS: I'll have an announcement very soon about another reading and signing of Better To Travel this fall. It will be held at a bookstore in Atlanta for all those who can't make it to the official launch in Fayetteville on Sept. 19. More details very soon.

LISTENING, READING & WATCHING POST: As part of my day job at Atlanta Intown and The Studio, I had the pleasure of interviewing singer/songwriter Molly Bancroft today. She is the former lead singer of the alt-rock band Lift. She is solo now and has self-produced a fabulous new album called Get Closer. She reminds me of Chrissie Hynde meets Beth Orton via Chicane. It's dancey, trancey, ambient and beautifully realized music. The full story will be in the July edition of The Studio.

I opened my mailbox yesterday and what did I find inside? A delievery from Amazon.uk of the entire series of Prime Suspect on DVD. Helen Mirren is one of our greatest actors and this series is riveting. I have an all-code DVD player so I can see discs from other regions. I hope the series will be released in the US soon. A sixth series of Prime Suspect is filming in London now. Hooray!

Reading The Devil In The White City by Eric Larson. It's non-fiction about the Chicago World's Fair in 1893 and America's first urban serial killer.

Comments

Popular Posts