Trying not to burn out

I backed out of a gig today. I was supposed to read at the Atlanta Pride festival this afternoon in Piedmont Park to promote next week's Atlanta Queer Literary Festival. But I just couldn't do it. Since I've been home from the NYC gigs, I've been at a dead run with the day job, preparing for the festival, promoting Conquering Venus and desperately trying to get back to working on the second novel. I feel depleted and exhausted. So, I'm keeping a low profile this weekend and getting myself mentally ready for AQLF. My apologies to anyone who was expecting me in the park this afternoon.

I'll be reading with Michael Montlack, Regie Cabico, Jim Elledge and Cleo Creech on Thursday night, Nov. 5, at 7:30 p.m. at Outwrite Books in Atlanta for the My Diva anthology event. On Saturday, Nov. 7, at 3 p.m. in the Decatur Library, I'll be reading from Conquering Venus. To see a full schedule of the AQLF events -- which features Staceyann Chin and Manil Suri as our keynotes and a special appearance by Terry Galloway -- visit the AQLF website.

Many, many thanks to novelist Ben Tanzer for all his help promoting Conquering Venus and for giving it a great shout on his This Blog Will Change Your Life.

Comments

Nancy Devine said…
everyone needs some down time. often, when i read your blog, i wonder how you do so much.
take care.

Popular Posts