Weekend Report

I took the poetry manuscript out of the drawer for the first time in ages and started cutting the excess fat. With some distance, I realized I had been trying too hard with the narrative arc of the poems and that the manuscript was bloated in general. Lean and mean is my motto. What I'll do with the manuscript is still up in the air. Two presses have asked me to submit it when I'm ready and plenty of others have open readings, but self-publishing is definitely an option.

I also managed to write first drafts of two new poems, both about my recent trip to Europe and some things I saw/experienced there.

If you go to the Poetry tab in the main navigation bar above, you'll find some updated links and a directory of my poems online. Many of them are in the manuscript.

Oh, and here's my latest piece for Gadling – Three Days in Cardiff.

Comments

Popular Posts