London and other notes

I leave for London this week and I'm in full-scale, last-minute panic over getting everything finished at work, packing, figuring out what I'm going to read, etc. It's amazing how many little details crop up when you're going on a trip. I just keep reminding myself that everything will sort itself out - as it always does.

I'm thrilled to announce that the Polari reading at Southbank Centre on June 11 is sold out! I'll be reading from Remain In Light alongside novelist Alex Marwood, author, director, performer Neil Bartlett, authors and bloggers David Waller and Kristian Johns and journalist Alex Hopkins. It's going to be an exciting evening on the Thames. Many, many thanks to host-with-the-most Paul Burston for inviting me.

If you can't make it to Polari, I'll also be reading poetry with Agnes Meadows, Ivy Alvarez, Nick Field, Robert Peake and Karen Head on Thursday, June 14, 7:30 p.m. at L'Osteria 57 on Gray's Inn Road. I'll so be at the 30th anniversary celebration of HomeGround on June 17, although the Kate Bush anthology might not be ready in time. Still, it will be good to party with friends and fellow fans. Tickets are still available for £6.

A few other notes:

Poet Charles Jensen is now blogging for Arts for LA as part of his new job as development and communications manager for the Los Angeles nonprofit.

Poet C. Dale Young has retired his Avoiding the Muse blog after seven years. His blog was a great resource for news, opinions and poems. It will be missed. You can read his farewell note at this link.

I've been submitting poems to anthologies and a few journals. My most recent acceptance: a poem called "Night Ride Home" for the this assignment is so go: LGBTIQ Poets on the Art of Teaching forthcoming from Sibling Rivalry Press in Summer 2013.

Comments

Maureen said…
Have a wonderful time in the great city of London.

Congratulations on acceptance of your poem.
Go well, friend! Hugs to Agnes.
Have a great trip!

Malcolm

Popular Posts