New poem "Union Square" in Hoxie Gorge Review


Many thanks to the editors at Hoxie Gorge Review for publishing my new poem "Union Square" in the latest issue. You can read it at this link, plus be sure to check out all the lovely poetic company I'm in. 

Honestly, I haven't written anything since January and after the cancer diagnosis and treatment, I'd totally forgotten I had submitted work to a few journals. The acceptance by Hoxie Gorge was a nice boost. I've got a bunch of lines in search of poems on the Notes app of my phone, so "Union Square" (which I wrote five years ago!) finally finding a home is good motivation. 

I'm in the middle of the third week of radiation treatment and, so far, the only side-effects have been a little dry mouth and some soreness in my jaw. I'd be thrilled if that was the extent of it. 

More soon.

Comments

Popular Posts