A Spring Update


Yes, it's been ages since I last posted, but the day job and working on the new & selected has kept me busy.

The release date of Wonder & Wreckage is probably going to be closer to Christmas rather than September. My goal is still to have it in your hands before the end of the year. The sequence is settled and acknowledgement pages complete. I'm working on a preface for the collection and there's still the cover artwork to figure out.

I've gone back and forth for weeks and it looks like the cover might go in a different direction than what has been teased here on the blog. Since the collection has a cinematic vibe, my vision for the cover has changed to reflect that. Stay tuned. 

In the meantime, I've had the pleasure of participating in three readings from Let Me Say This: A Dolly Parton Poetry Anthology, including one just the other day at University of Wolverhampton in the UK. There's another virtual reading coming up with the Wild & Precious Life Series on Wednesday, April 12, at 7:30 p.m. 

On Feb. 2, I read in-person at the Let Me Say This Anthology launch hosted by Georgia Center for the Book. This was my first reading in front of an audience in three years and since my cancer surgery. I was incredibly self-conscious  about my droopy face, but I made it through (thanks to Karen Head for the photo above). We had an incredible turnout, so hats off to editors Julie Bloemeke and Dustin Brookshire for making it happen. 

In May, I'll be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Modern Confessional blog with a special post. Twenty years?!?

Comments

Popular Posts