New poetry, Stevie reading & podcast, and other news

Although my cold poetry submission days are over, a couple of invitations to submit work were too good to pass up.

I'm thrilled to announce that new work is out now in Villain Era and that 10 poems – yes, 10! – will appear in early 2027 in Sibling Rivalry Press's resurrected Assaracus literary journal. These poems are a taster of two projects in the works, because apparently my poetry "retirement" was premature

The three new poems in Villain Era might be new to readers, but not to me. "Hooking Up" and "Accomplice" are 20 years old but never found a home or made it into one of my previous collections. "A Fever Behind Both Ears" was written specifically for the launch event of Megan Volpert's book "Sonics in Warholia" back in 2011, but was never published until now. I'm glad they are out in the world now, thanks to editor Charlie Jensen selecting them for publication. We had another fantastic virtual reading for White Winged Doves on Aug. 27 hosted by Malaika King Albrecht and Redheaded Stepchild. Since the contributors are so spread out geographically across the U.S. and Europe, these online events help bring us together to celebrate Stevie. You can watch it below.

Megan and I were also guests on The Generic, Non-Specific Stevie Nicks Podcast hosted by Randy Ham and anthology contributor Anthony Lower. It's a 45-minute dive into the creation of the anthology and our love of all things Stevie. You can watch it on YouTube below or listen on Spotify or Apple Podcasts.


Check back soon for details on an upcoming reading I'm doing in Augusta, GA in September, as well as more updates on the projects I'm working on. And many thanks, as always, for the 10,000+ visitors who checked into Modern Confessional in July.





Comments

Popular Posts