ALL APOLOGIES: I did not make it to the Peace Poets event on Monday (June 16). My apologies to those who were expecting me. I simply just needed a short break. I don't want to burn myself out by the time September arrives. The book has gone to the publisher, we are in production for a new edition of the magazine and I had a busy poetry filled weekend. I just needed some "home time." However, if anyone reads this tonight or tomorrow, I do plan to check out the resurrected Caribou Coffee House open mic at Emory University on Tuesday, June 17. The open mic is now weekly, has a new host and a new vibe. 8 to 10 p.m. is the time frame. Caribou is next door to Everybody's pizza in the center of Emory Village. Hope to see some of you there.

And yes, I did say the book has gone to the publisher! Amen.

WEEKEND RAMBLINGS: I attended the taping of Kodac's Cool Corner on Saturday night at the DeFoor Center. It should air on WABE at the end of July. A nice line up of poets read from their work and host Kodac Harrison played material from his new spoken word cd. The highlight of the evening for me was Karen Wurl, one of the best poets on the scene right now. Her sardonic delivery and clever word play are excellent.

Sunday night was literally a hot night at Java Monkey Speaks in Decatur. A nice big crowd and plenty of good material being read. Kodac asked me to be a feature one Sunday after the book comes out. I'm thrilled that he asked. I hope to get Jennifer Perry and a couple members of the band to back me for this. There is also some rumblings about a Java Monkey Speaks chapbook to celebrate the two year anniversary. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks to Kathy and Company (and Brent) for coming out to support me.

Comments

Popular Posts