ALTERNATIVE HELL PART II: If any of you came out on Sunday, Sept. 7 for my 4 p.m. show at the Alternative Arts Festival, my sincere apologies. The festival was apparently cancelled although the organizers never bothered to contact me. I showed up with a friend of mine to find the Contemporary Art Center deserted. As I searched for someone I opened the door of the Contemporary and managed to set off the alarm. I'm sure the Contemporary folks will be thrilled to hear that their front doors were left unlocked with the exhibit of items from Paris' Pompidou Center inside. The lack of communication, publicity and concern from the organizers is inexcusable. I am going to put this disastrous start of the Better To Travel shows behind me and look ahead to Intervals on Tuesday and the open mic and reading at Barnes & Noble @ Georgia Tech on Friday, Sept. 12.

Comments

Popular Posts