HOME AGAIN: Hello all. I'm back from Columbia, South Carolina and the signing at The Happy Bookseller with Cecilia Woloch and John Amen or Friday night. We had a small crowd, but wound up selling more books than we expected, plus the store had us leave autographed copies to feature. Atlanta writer/editor Kathy Vogeltanz was there (her family lives in Columbia) and a group of us went out to eat at this Italian place called Za's, which was tasty. The best part was, of course, the lively conversation. Cecilia loaned me Anne Fisher-Wirth's book of poems Blue Window, and she is brilliant. Hope to have her up in Atlanta for a reading at the B&N @ Tech. I also have Toni Morrison's new book Love, which I am dying to get into. At the hotel Friday night, I actually managed to write a new poem. So, it was a good weekend all around.

REVIEWS AND AWARDS: A review of Better To Travel is forthcoming in The Pedestal and, hopefully, the LAMBDA Book Report. That would be a huge feather in my cap. The book has also been nominated for the Georgia Author the Year Award and submitted for the LAMBDA Literary Award for Poetry. If I win one of these that would be amazing, and if I don't, oh, well. BTT is my first effort, so I am not expecting to start raking in huge amounts of cash and prizes. I'm just glad the work is being appreciated and has brought all these new people into my life.

Comments

Popular Posts