KATE BUSH SPEAKS: After nearly 12 years, my favorite musician announced today that she will release a new album in 2005. Didn't say when, just next year. This is one of the greast Christmas presents ever. Her last album, The Red Shoes, was released in 1993. That seems like a lifetime ago. The world of music (and the world in general) have cahnged so much. Kate has a loyal following around the world who have patiently (and sometimes impatiently) waiting for her return. Now it's upon us. I've been a fan for about 20 years (gulp!), and never had a chance to meet her or see her perform. Of course she never tours (she did once back in 1979), but ocassionally does tv or special appearances. In 1993, she came to NYC and did a signing and I found out too late to go. This was before the Internet. Now, with the whole world connected, the fans will know in an instant where and when she might perform. I plan to be there. I know I would not be a poet without Kate's music. I just want to shake the hand of the musical muse who has sustained me for all these years.

In other good news, an editor has asked to see my novel, Conquering Venus. He wants it next week, so I know my weekend is going to be busy. I've also been challenged by Cherryl to get my new poetry manuscript together to submit to a press that is planning its 2005 series. I think I mentioned a few posts back that I was working on sequencing the poems for the new collection, but it's nowhere near ready. This will definitely be a challenge. They would need the manuscript by Wednesday, Dec. 15 for consideration. Stay tuned for more info.

Comments

Popular Posts