PLEASE REMAIN CALM, PEOPLE


A day or so ago, a set of promotional photos for the London revival of the play Equus were released featuring Daniel "Harry Potter" Radcliffe posing nearly naked with a big white horse. Radcliffe is going to play the lead role of a young man who is erotically obsessed with horses, and there is a lengthy scene where he will be on stage totally nude. Since the release of these photos, people have totally lost their shit. Parents around the world are screaming they will never take their kids to see or let them watch another Harry Potter movie. Say what? Were you planning to take your children to an adult drama in London's West End? Jesus H. Christmas, people, get a grip. He can't be Harry Potter forever, and I'm sure Radcliffe doesn't want to be one of those forgotten "child stars." Equus is a brilliant drama and if Radcliffe is looking to dismantle his image as well as stretch his acting chops, this is the play to do it. I saw the play here in Atlanta back in the 90s with the brilliant Stuart Culpepper playing the boy's psychiatrist. I've never read the Harry Potter books or watched any of the films, but tonight after Nightline did a piece on the "firestorm" of controversy over the photos, I just couldn't resist posting about it. Not to mention, that photo is pretty hot. Yeah, I know, I'm a perv.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Suddenly I am VERY VERY VERY interested in theater and going to London. This isn't even the hottest photo. Trust me Ive been busy looking at them. If being a perv is wrong I don't want to be right.

GAV
Anonymous said…
Oh and get on that American Idol recap for tonight. I know you have something terrible to say about those poor people.

G
Brent Goodman said…
I'd heard he has magical powers . . .
Collin Kelley said…
At least you didn't say magic wand. ;)
he is growing up.
Collin Kelley said…
One of the London rags ran this photo with the headline "Harry Potter Has Pubes!" Insanity I tell you.
Arlene said…
magic wand? growing *up*? i couldn't believe it when you said you rated nc-17 in the dirty mind test. now i believe it. it's all getting very tangible, very visual. hee.

the play sounds interesting though — maybe just what he needs to spurt out of the harry potter image.

thanks for the goodman and jensen chapbooks tip! i look forward to reading your review at TPM.

a.

p.s. your driving quiz results has inspired me to take up driving again. human humps, here i come! wheeeeeeee!

Popular Posts