LOW-KEY WEEKEND: Nothing really to report here. I've spent the weekend recuperating from a little cold that hit me mid-week. Today I went with BFF Joy to see In The Valley of Elah, which is devastating. One of the best films I've seen in ages. Tommy Lee Jones and Charlize Theron will definitely be on the Oscar nominee list, and so should the film. Although the film is about a missing and murdered soldier on American soil, it's really about war and specifically what's happening in Iraq. We left the theater emotionally drained. Go see it.

I've also been catching up on Doctor Who, Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures (which is only showing in the UK, but by the magic of You Tube...). Did I ever mention I was a Doctor Who geek from way back? Oh, yes. I'll do a big post about it later in the week. Torchwood reminds me of The X-Files and I hope to god BBC America picks up the Sarah Jane show. Amazing sci-fi stuff. Who needs the new fucking Bionic Woman when you've got the Doctor to keep you warm?

Comments

Anonymous said…
John Barrowman who plays Jack Harkness in Torchwood is a serious hottie and gay in real life. Id love to light up his torch.

GAV
Pris said…
Thanks for the movie tip. I'd say Tommy Lee Jones is overdue for a nod at the Oscars, too.

Popular Posts