REJECTIONATOR: I did not win the Quercus Review prize for Wake, according to the form letter I received the other day, nor was I a finalist. I also got a rejection from Burnside Review for poems I submitted for their special LA issue. Wake is still out at three or four other contests, but I've already compiled a list of possibilities for other contests and open submissions. I don't feel any pressure about finding Wake a home. It will eventually. To be honest -- and fickle -- the title Wake is starting to bore me. Not to mention, I keep getting emails about Bin Ramke's now out of print chapbook having that title and a new novel by Lisa McMann is coming out in March called Wake. It might be time to go back to the well. In the meantime, I'm starting to focus all my energy on After the Poison. I hope to have an inkling of a release date soon. BFF Brent is going to take new photos of me, and I have a couple of cover ideas, too, that I'm kicking around. 

Is anyone else watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? This show is totally rocking my world. I thought it would suck serious balls without Linda Hamilton, but Lena Headey is doing a kick-ass job, and the show is dark and full of twists. Since they killed off Sarah in T3, I couldn't imagine how they would resurrect the character, but they did it in a way that works and adds even more drama since Sarah now knows that she's supposed to die of cancer. How will she alter that fate? Since 24 is on hiatus until possibly next year, T:TSCC is fulfilling my need for action/adventure on Monday nights.

Comments

DeadMule said…
Sorry you didn't win with "Wake," Collin. I think the road to publication is a long one with plenty of fellow travelers. I have a February list for "Prayer In the Fog," also.
I know "Wke" will get a home, too, Coll.
I think "After The Poison" is going to just blow everyone away!(and so it should!)

I miss "24"--don't know if other tv shows could ever take
its place for me, however temporary..sigh...
Anonymous said…
I'll show you my rejection drawer sometime - pretty impressive - esp one from Gordon Lish where he talks about "the harsh levy imposed on the writer," and "in this case I so wish the outcome could have been otherwise."

Popular Posts