Poetry Atlanta Presents...Katie Chaple, Chelsea Rathburn & Laurel Snyder



I hosted the quarterly Poetry Atlanta Presents... reading this afternoon at Wordsmiths Books in Decatur. There was an amazing crowd to see Katie, Chelsea and Laurel (top to bottom in the so-so pics from my crappy camera) read their work. Afterwards, Chelsea and her main squeeze, poet Jim May, hosted a reception. Somehow the conversation turned to AWP 2009 in Chicago. There's going to be a big Atlanta contingent, that's for sure. Thanks to everyone who came out this afternoon and to our fine poets. We're planning another reading for April 12 to mark National Poetry Month.

Comments

Rupert said…
good reading, good venue, good crowd - Po Atl continues to be an energized org - now we just need a blood oath that whoever makes it huge first will remember the rest of us, lol
Kate Evans said…
Chicago?! Why can't they have AWP in Honolulu or Palm Springs, for gods sake. Either that or hold AWP in May.
I had to work 9amto7pm.... or I would have been there. I thoroughly enjoyed Katie's poem last night.

I'm planning to attend AWP in 2009 as well. While in Key West I befriended a group of peeps, and we're going to try to have a reunion at AWP.
Ron said…
Thanks for your work, Collin. The reading was splendid.

Popular Posts