A Quiet Weekend

This weekend has been pretty quiet, save for riding in yesterday's Inman Park Festival Parade. The magazine I work for was this year's media sponsor. It was a fun afternoon and I saw lots of familiar faces in the crowd. It had a very Mardi Gras feel, and we were throwing candy from the back of the truck and convertible we were riding in. 

On Friday night, I read with contributors to the CRUX anthology at Wordsmiths Books in Decatur. We had a great crowd...one of the biggest yet. If you haven't ordered your copy of CRUX please do so at this link. All proceeds are being used to buy school supplies for children in South Africa.

I've been reading and proofing some manuscripts for friends and this evening I'm sending off the Finishing Line Press reading panel application to AWP. Fingers crossed!

Also, poetry journal Motel 58 is about to release its inaugural issue. Head over to the website and get a subscription. Editor Tom Williams is offering a sweetheart deal: $35 for a lifetime subscription! I've got new work in the debut issue along with Karen Head and some other names you're sure to recognize. And the journal is also accepting submissions. Check it out!

Comments

I checked out MOTEL 58's website-- nice. Thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts