The Sound of 2010

I love introducing people to new music, and these three acts are set to be big in 2010, especially in the UK. I have a feeling at least one of them (I'm looking at you, Ellie Goulding) will make a splash in the US at some point later in the year. Listen, enjoy, comment.


Hurts


Hailing from Manchester, this duo has definitely been listening to Pet Shop Boys, Tears for Fears and Human League for this 80s inspired tune.


Ellie Goulding

The BBC has compared her to Kate Bush AND Stevie Nicks, but I don't think she sounds like either one of them. However, this is some hooky pop and a shimmering vocal performance from the 21-year-old Hereford lass. And there's lots of glitter. Okay, so she does have that in common with Kate.


Delphic


Electronica meets guitars and the music just pulses along. (It seems this version of the video was pulled and now I can't embed it. You can watch the clip at YouTube at this link.)

Comments

Hurts is lovely, lovely! I think you're spot-on re: Pet Shop Boys, etc, Coll.
Delphic like, scares me. :(

Popular Posts