Mid-Week Notes: Swing Out Sister, interviews & readings



After a wait of more than 20 years, I will finally get to see one of my favorite bands live. Swing Out Sister is coming to Atlanta for a show at Variety Playhouse on April 22. Tickets have been secured and I'll be going with another big fan, BFF Jennifer Perry. The title of SOS's debut album, It's Better to Travel, was the inspiration for my first poetry collection and Jennifer actually sang a couple of SOS tunes during the book launch back in 2003. We are hardcore fans. I'm giddy with excitement.

I'm also giddy that Jessica Handler, author of the brilliant memoir Invisible Sisters, did a Q&A with me about Conquering Venus at her blog, Swimming in the Trees. I appreciate the support!

Also showing Conquering Venus some love is poet Diane Lockward, who features the book trailer on her blog, Blogalicious, in a thoughtful discussion on using trailers to promote literature. Thanks, Diane!

On Saturday, Feb. 27, I'll be one of the artists lending my voice for Love Out Loud for Haiti, a benefit concert featuring poetry and music. See the invite and info here. I'll be reading poetry at the Sun & Moon series in Atlanta on Friday, March 19, with fab poets Mike Dockins and Amy McDaniel. You can see the details at the Facebook invite.

Comments

christine said…
Two very nice mentions for CV, Collin. Have fun at the concert! Life is good...

Popular Posts