Weekend Update

Remain in Light is going to Vanilla Heart this week after an intensive edit and rewrite session. My personal editor, Kathy, fine-tooth combed the manuscript, I've read it again twice and all that's left are a couple of tiny rewrites, which I will finish today. Last night, I wrote eight new pages as part of the last chapter of the novel, but then realized most of it is unnecessary. Some of it will probably go in the third book, so I guess I have a little head start.

My life for the last five months has been nearly consumed by this novel, so I am ready to turn it over to Vanilla Heart and let them do their thing. I'm off to New Orleans later this week for the Saints & Sinners Literary Conference, where I'm co-presenting a master class on social media for writers with Michele Karlsberg. Looking forward to being back in NOLA!

Speaking of social media, poet Randall Weiss interviewed me for his blog and you can read the transcript of our chat at this link. Our interview became part of a paper Randall was doing on Twitter and social media and you can read it at this link.

I received a note yesterday from poets Stacey Lynn Brown and Oliver de la Paz that their anthology, A Face to Meet the Faces: An Anthology of Contemporary Persona Poetry, has been been picked up by the University of Akron Press for publication in early 2012. I'm excited to be part of the book!

Comments

Nice to hear that MS is about wrapped up and heading for Ms. Kimberlee.
Madame Perry's Salon said…
So delightfully thrilled with this news.

Popular Posts