Snow without the jam

The view from my balcony.
Atlanta got socked by another snow and ice storm on Tuesday, which shut down the entire city and knocked out power to tens of thousands around the metro. Although the power in my building goes out any time the wind blows wrong, we managed to keep electricity through the storm. Luckily, embarrassed state and city officials wanted to avoid a repeat of what happened on Jan. 28 and everyone got the message to stay home. And while a snowstorm is usually good for reading and relaxing, I spent my days working on snow coverage for the magazine and our various social media. Gotta make them dollar bills, y'all.

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been able to dig back into Leaving Paris and I'm having a ball writing some of the scenes I'd only imagined or roughly outlined. I also can't believe I've been working on this book since 2012. I wrote the first pages on June 12, 2012 at the kitchen table at my friend and fellow poet Agnes Meadows' flat in London. And I might actually get back to Paris to write the last scenes before this book is due to Sibling Rivalry Press.

I've also helped put the finishing touches on a new anthology coming from Poetry Atlanta Press. I helped edit and wrote the introduction for On Occasion: Four Poets, One Year featuring poems by Karen Head, Blake Leland, JC Reilly and Robert E. Wood. The book will be out very soon!

I'm leaving you today with another video by London Grammar, this time covering All Saints' hit "Pure Shores." LG can make any song sound better.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so ready for the winter to be over. Like you, I spent this "snow incarceration" beginning work on a new writing project that I'm hoping to publish the end of next year.

Happy Valentines Day!
Collin Kelley said…
Thanks, Yolanda! I do love winter and snow, but these last couple of weeks have been more scary than fun. Good luck on the new project!

Popular Posts