A quick update on "Leaving Paris"

For those who don't follow me on social media, I've been burning the midnight oil finishing up the third novel in The Venus Trilogy. Leaving Paris is about a week away from going to my editor before being submitted to Sibling Rivalry Press for further editing and production.

I began red-lining a printed copy of the manuscript the weekend after Christmas. I'm about a dozen pages away from completing those corrections, which also included several small rewrites and expanding on various scenes. The manuscript is now two pages longer because of those additions.

This weekend, I'll be adding two of Martin's poems and inserting a couple of dream sequences that offer clues to the big mystery that is revealed – and solved – at the end of the book.

Martin and Irène's journey is coming to a close, but there is a very good chance that Diane and her detective husband, Bernard Sullivan, might show up in a book of their own one day. A proper mystery in the Nick and Nora Charles vein, but with a lot more profanity and name-calling. That's a little spoiler for y'all.

More soon!

Comments

Popular Posts