New poetry and a workshop


As I mentioned in my last update, I have a new poem called "Ritual" forthcoming this year in the fantastic literary journal Diode. Also coming soon: a new poem called "Strange Weather" in the LGBTQ+ journal Impossible Archetype. I am excited that this new work is being picked up frequently and by such great journals. It spurs me on to complete the new collection.

Also on deck: the New Poetry Project will return this fall. I'll publish four new poems at Modern Confessional and across my social media platforms in October and November. Thousands of people read the eight poems I published online last year, so I can't wait to share even more new work. Stay tuned for more information.

I've been invited by the Decatur Writers Studio to teach a six-week poetry workshop starting in October. This will be a generative workshop for adults, so you'll leave each class with a poem (or two). We'll be writing persona, ekphrastic, and narrative poetry, among others, as well as exploring work by Anne Sexton, Adrienne Rich, Ted Kooser, Rita Dove, Sharon Olds, Alice Walker and more contemporary poets. Sign-up for my workshop will be coming soon.

Comments

Maureen said…
Happy for all the good things coming your way, Collin.

Popular Posts