New anthology, new poems and a book update

Life has been insanely busy and I've been neglecting Modern Confessional. Here's a short update with some exciting news. First, Kodac Harrison and I have edited the fifth and final (for us, anyway)  Java Monkey Speaks poetry anthology, which will be available later this month from Poetry Atlanta Press. This edition features fantastic work from Jericho Brown, Patricia Smith, Theresa Davis, Natasha Trethewey, Karen Head, Agnes Meadows, Amena Brown and many, many more. The book will be officially launched on Sunday, June 17, at 8 p.m. during Java Monkey Speaks at the famed Decatur coffee house. Many of the featured poets will be reading their contributions. Come see us!

I am also thrilled that two new poems – "Fencing" and "The Armory (Atlanta, 1990)" – are forthcoming in Wussy magazine. This LGBTQ+ art and culture magazine is fierce, funny and in-your-face. The issue will be launched on June 28. You can find out more at this link.

My new collection, Midnight in A Perfect World, from Sibling Rivalry Press is still on track for its Nov. 15 release. I've seen the interior layout (gorgeous!) and this morning, Seth Pennington sent over the first round of cover ideas. All I can say is WOW!!! I can't wait for you to see it and read it. I've been busy starting to set up readings, interviews, reviews, etc. for the fall and 2019. Expect to see me at AWP in Portland, back at the Polari series at Southbank Centre in London and many more to be announced. The collection will officially launch in Atlanta on Nov. 15 at the annual Voices Carry reading at the Decatur Library. Mark your calendars! If you're interested in booking me for a reading, conducting an interview or reviewing the collection, get in touch.

Comments

Popular Posts