Book Update

We had some technical issues with IngramSpark – Poetry Atlanta Press' printer and distributor for Wonder & Wreckage – that have given me heart palpitations over the last couple of weeks. I cannot thank my designer, Elizabeth Holmes, for her tenacity and patience in all the updates and minutia of putting a book into the world. Hat-tip to Bryan Borland from Sibling Rivalry Press (SRP) who also consulted on this collection.

On April 4, we signed off on the digital proof and a printed galley will be here early next week. IngramSpark is the same printer/distributor used by SRP, so I am hoping for a similarly gorgeous job on the final book. It's 6x9 (the same size as Render for anyone who has it in their collection), 126 pages, and has that tactile matte-finish cover like my other books.  

With the official publication and launch event set for April 30, I've been bricking it over whether we'd have books but it appears that won't be a problem now. Fingers and toes crossed. 

The launch event with Georgia Center for the Book will now feature dear friend and fellow poet Karen Head hosting a conversation with me about the book and moderating a Q&A with the audience. 

I'll also be giving a virtual reading as part of the Wild & Precious Life series on June 12 at 7:30 p.m. Many thanks to Dustin Brookshire for the invitation. 

Additional live and virtual book readings are in the works for the rest of 2024, so watch this space. 

Comments

Popular Posts