The October Country


First, an apology to those who might have been expecting to see me on Sept. 22 at the Ideas Festival Emory. I contracted a nasty case of conjunctivitis, which required a doctor's visit and an antibiotic cream that blurred my vision. I hated to miss the festival and hope I can return next year or at a future event. 

For October, I have a couple of  Wonder & Wreckage readings you might be interested in:

Oct. 2, 7 p.m. Word of Mouth at The Globe, Athens, GA

Oct. 5, 2:45 p.m.: Decatur Book FestivalDecatur Library

Oct. 10, 7 p.m.: The Book Bird, Avondale Estates, GA 

Word of Mouth is one of my favorite reading series/open mics because The Globe has a great vibe. My appearance at the Decatur Book Festival will be the first in five years and I'm thrilled to be sharing the stage with Karen Head, Erin Hoover, and Willie Kinnard, III. 

Planning is also underway for the 20th-anniversary Voices Carry reading on Nov. 14 at the Decatur Library. More details on that soon. 

I'm also excited to announce that my poem "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" will appear in the fall issue of South Carolina Review. This will be my second appearance in SCR after my review of Steven Reigns' A Quilt for David collection was published in the Fall 2023 issue. 

And on Halloween, the call for poems will be live for the Stevie Nicks anthology I'm co-editing with Megan Volpert. We can't wait to read your work! 

Comments

Popular Posts