Happy Boxing Day
Although it's not a holiday in America, Boxing Day is celebrated in Canada, UK and Australia among others. It's become a day for shopping, watching sports and generally relaxing. Which is what I'm doing...except for the sport part. Did everyone get what they wanted for Christmas? Here's my take for 2008:
- Doctor Who Series 4 boxed set (my present to myself)
- Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher (this week's "Read This" to be posted soon)
- Disquiet, a novella by Julia Leigh
- Reproduction maps of the London Underground and Paris Metro designed by Maxwell Roberts (thanks to winning a contest at the fabulous Going Underground blog)
- A gift certificate to a local framing shop (which will come in handy for the maps)
I spent the day with my parents at my grandmother's house eating way too much food (I still feel full) and then spending the evening over at BFF Tina's hanging out with her lovely wife and their friends. All in all, a very peaceful day. Hoping to meet up with BFF Karen and her beau Colin for a movie this evening. And how were your holidays?